Word List / All :.
1. $ware (shŏp-wâr)
- a. (n.) A damaging clump of commercial software that leads to the purchase of more software.
- b. (n.) yĕs-yĕs-wâr. Suit-speak (SS). That worthless piece of drekware we foisted on our customers, and made even more money selling the dreks our new version, which will fix it all, again.
- c. (n.) swâr. Customer-speak (CS). The latest update.
2. 007 (dŭb'əl-ō-sĕv'ən)
- a. (n.) A license to kill; used in medical terminology when someone makes a mistake.
Example: One's friend in Med-School tells them that they almost killed someone, and they reply, saying, "007."
3. 112% (wŭn hŭn'drĭd twĕlv pər-sĕnt')
- a. (adv.) Sarcastically To achieve better results than what is possible; to exceed the best possible outcome.
Example: Mom, I'll clean my room 112%.
4. 404 (fôr-ō-fôr)
- a. (n.) A clueless person.
Example: "Don't bother asking him... He's 404, man."
5. 7 (sĕ-vən)
- a. (n.) One of many prime numbers.
6. @$$ (ās)
- a. (n.) A common loophole spelling of ass used in places where profanity is filtered or not appreciated.
Example: The guy monitoring this chat room is an @$$ for kicking Lisa out.
7. a crappella (ä' krə-pĕl'ə, ä' krăp'ĕl-ə)
- a. (adj.) Poorly, and without instrumental accompaniment.
Example: On the heels of success, Strafe No Phaser performed a crappella in front of a packed audience at the Star Trek® Convention hoping for a repeat of famed a cappella group, Straight No Chaser.
8. abacus (ə-bāk'əs)
- a. (v.) The process of baking an item for a person or group.
Example: Hey guys, are you hungry? Abacus some pie!
- a. (v.tr.) To leave a man mid-sexual intercourse, causing him much frustration and physical discomfort.
Example: She abandicked me right then and there, and I've not seen her since.
- a. (n.) The act of abruptly letting go of someone's hand before they anticipated it.
Example: She sought therapy because of her severe abandonmitt issues.
11. abbone (ăb-bō-nē)
- a. (adj.) The agony or severe pain caused by attempting to stand or walk when a person's knees have seized up, primarily after a prolonged period of inactivity. Most commonly suffered by travelers using trains, cars, and planes as methods of transportation.
- a. (v.) To shorten words in a sentence or text to a point where no meaning can be construed from it.
- a. (v.) To give up the last piece of cake to someone else.
Example: Is anyone going to eat the last piece of cake? I was but I'll abdicake in your favor.
- a. (v.in.) To give up telling someone what to do. To relinquish the role of sovereign dictator.
Example: This all would have been easier if that guy abdictated rather than fight to the death.
15. abolical (ə-bŏ'lĭ-kəl)
- a. (adj.) Something loathsome or unusually cruel perhaps associated with dire misfortune.
- a. (n.) Any ball that has made its way into the interior of a greenhouse or home by exploiting the presence of an unopened window.
- a. (interj.) Absolutely, with emphasis. Expressed when "absolutely" is not definitive enough.
Example: Question: Did you just make that word up?
Answer: Abso-toodle-utely not! It's on unwords.com!
- a. (contr.) A contraction of absolutely and positively.
Example: I absotively agree with you!
- a. (v.) The act of not giving one's self to anyone, no matter how much they beg.
- a. (n.) Abusive entertainment. A contraction of abuse and entertainment.
Example: For example, when one give a baby a dill pickle just to watch them make that screwy face.
21. abzot (ăb-zŏt)
- a. (n.) The device in a currency changer that determines whether a bill is too wrinkled or not.
- a. (adj.) To sing a solo in a cappella.
Example: I don't even need the beat I can rock it a cappello!
- a. (n.) A garbage receptacle that accepts all types of garbage - metal, plastic, glass, and organic.
Example: A sandwich in a plastic container in a paper bag? This looks like a job for the accepticle!
- a. (n.) A dentist known for making mistakes.
Example: My accidentist decided to drill my good molars at my appointment today.
- a. (v.) To avoid accidue.
Example: I managed to accidon't it.