Word List / D :.
- a. (interj.) Exclamatory word used to show intense emotion. Also used as a substitution for the word "damn".
Example: "Daggum it! I stubbed my toe!"
"Daggum! That's good!"
- a. (n.) The smell emitted from a cow farm. See also dairyaire.
Example: The daireeair made me faint.
- a. (n.) Odor found in the stables of a dairy farm.
- a. (v.) To take an excessively long time, especially involving motion on foot; to dilly-dally in going somewhere; to drag one's feet.
- a. (v.) To engage in or perform a dance while pretending to sing or say in synchronization with recorded sound.
Example: When she heard music coming over the grocery store's PA system, Amie started to dansynch until the music was over.
- b. (v.) Lip-syncing and dancing to vocal sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony emanating from any medium or device.
- a. (n.) A song of such awfulness that it alone outweighs the rest of an artist or band's body of work.
Example: "Shiny Happy People" is REM's dark matter song and "Walk of Life" is Dire Straits'.
7. dasho (da'shō)
- a. (n.) The area between a car's windshield and dashboard, where coins, pencils, etc cannot be humanly retrieved.
- a. (v.tr.) To advertise and promote political causes by death.
Example: Terrorism is nothing but the art of deadvertising.
- a. (n.) The quality of moving in a dead manner; imparting death into an otherwise vivacious, lively object; the undead.
Example: The apathy observed in zombies makes them truly deathimations unlike the exciting animations of any Muppet®.
- a. (v.) The act of consuming a heterogeneous mixture that requires one to both drink and manducate the mixture because it is too hard or uncomfortable to swallow without chewing. Mixtures that one must deatrink include soup, certain iced or blended drinks or shakes, and possibly other foods or medicines.
Example: I am going to deatrink my soup and follow it up with a fruit blend.
- a. (n.) A unit used to measure the stupidity of a speech.
- a. (v.) To immediately insult someone after complimenting them, thereby rendering the compliment void.
- a. (adj.) Possessing the quality of seeming effective, but effectively just full of crap, mierda, shiznit, and the like; producing, or capable of producing, the effect intended; as, an deficacious law. Origins: by Erich M Wedding, esq.
- a. (v.tr.) To break off friendly relations with somebody; antonym to befriend.
He defriended me a year after we met, with no reason or explanation. He just stopped calling, period.
"I want to defriend you."
"I need something more than friendship from you. I need love."
15. defugalty (dē-fyü'gəl-tē )
- a. (n.) A sound that has had its musical fugue styling removed.
16. dehead (dē-hĕd)
- a. (v.tr.) The cutting off of one's head. Decapitate.
Example: Mary, Queen of Scots was deheaded at Fartheringale Castle, not beheaded, unless she had a spare head granted unto her by Elizabeth I.
- a. (n.) To throw all talk of God out the window.
- a. (n.) A mistake one has already seen or made once before.
19. déjà fu (dā'zhä fü')
- a. (n.) The illusion of having already been kicked in a certain way before.
- a. (n.) A phenomenon that occurs after one watches a television show for the first time, then doesn't watch it again for a while. When they watch the show again later, the station happens to be re-airing the one episode they had already seen.
- a. (v.) Any usable denomination of money, found in the pockets of a coat, jacket or pair of pants that have been put away for a long period of time, that creates a long lasting euphoric and joyous feeling of satisfaction once found.
Example: "Why are you so happy today?", "I suppose I'm still delay billelated about the ten bucks I found in my winter coat from last year."
- a. (n.) A society in which the most demented members rise to the top.
- a. (v.) Attempting to demonstrate an idea with such enthusiasm that you are perceived as ranting. Also: demonstranting
- a. (adj.) People who refuse, are afraid of, or simply ignore dental visits to the point of nastola.
- a. (n.) To fall from a pocket due to one becoming horizontal.
Example: Dude, your change is depocketing! Catch it!
- b. (n.) The act of unloading the contents of one's pockets before lying or sitting on a bed or couch. Especially done by males; items are usually deposited into their hat, or, in the event of staying the night, into their shoes.
- c. (n.) To remove the pockets from an article of clothing.