Word List / Junkwords :.
1. a (ā)
- a. (interj.) An expression used to get the attention of another person.
Example: Putnam: A, you gonna eat that?
Note: While this is a valiant effort, the more common spelling of this word is 'eh' or 'aye'. Therefore, we cannot accept this into our list.
- a. (n.) Distress, a condition of.
Example: The original submitter of this word came under an affliction of vocabulary, resulting in a lapse there of, and a new addition to the junkword pile.
- a. (v.in.) Meaning one may not be able to afford it now, but if they were to put enough money aside they'll be able to afford it in their future.
Example: Well, you don't have a car but you could afford in your future.
Note: This is a common phrase and is really a repetitive of what it says outside of definition. Redefining it doesn't give any change in meaning.
- a. (n.) Either of two crocodilians (genus Alligator) having broad heads not tapering to the snout and a special pocket in the upper jaw for reception of the enlarged lower fourth tooth.
5. anime (ăn'ə-mā)
- a. (n.) Japanimation; Japanese Animation; A type of cartoon in which the characters usually have large eyes and small noses.
Example: Is Pokemon an anime or a regular cartoon?
This word is already defined in most mainstream dictionaries dating back to the mid-1990's
- a. (adv.) Nonstandard. In any case. The word does not have an "s" at the end.
Example: I was going to tell them, but anyways, I decided not to.
Note: This is actually a word that is not suppose to be a word. I believe we should fight to put down the use of this lazy tongue term.
- a. (n.) Someone who is affiliated with the communist party; who symphatizes with communist; someone un-American.
Note: You have to be about a couple hundred years dead to not know what a commie is.
- a. (n.) Anything thrown together for no logical reason. An accumulation of miscellaneous things.
Obvious from the two statements above, this word is already similarly defined in the American Heritage dictionary (second statement), so we can't say this definition is entirely made up.
- a. (n.) A hissy fit.
Example: When my wife finds out what I have done, she is going to have a conniption.
This is already defined in several dictionaries as a fit of rage.
10. crusty (krŭs'tē)
- a. (adj.) Crabby; Rough or surly in manner; Gruff.
This is already defined in ye old American Heritage Dictionary.
11. cute (kyüt)
- a. (adj.) Delightfully pretty or dainty. (This definition was rejected as an unword, because it is already an official part of the English language.)
12. cutler (kŭt'lər)
- a. (pron.) A person who makes cutlery.
Note: This term is previously defined by the American Heritage and Marriam-Webster dictionary.
- a. (n.) A little ball of feces that dries on the hair of one's rump.
Note: This is already defined in the American Heritage Dictionary.
14. disaster (dĭ-zăs'tər)
- a. (n.) An occurrence causing widespread destruction and distress; a catastrophe. And yet, another word submitted without definition.
15. disrobe (dĭs-rōb')
- a. (v.) The act of removing clothing from one's self.
Note: While intended to express the removal of a robe, the original use of the word was set in times when robes were a favored type of clothing. Seeing as it is already defined in this way, we cannot accept this word.
- a. (adj.) Slang. Marvelously excellent.
Note: There was no definition provided with this word, and it is already defined in the American Heritage® Dictionary as above.
17. fliff (flĭf')
- a. (n.) A blank definition.
- a. (n.) Used to express an acknowledgement of parting.
Hello again Tom. Again, I think this word has been used since that idiot in Babel built a tower that God destroyed. Goodbye, Tom.
19. hello (hə-lō')
- a. (n.) Used to greet someone, answer the telephone, or express surprise.
Hello. Are you English? I think this has been in our language since God struck the tower of Babel. And no, 'Tom' is not how your pronounce this word. If you were trying to contact us in this way, I believe 'email' is the word you're looking for.
20. humph (hŭmf)
- a. (interj.) A grunt; snort. The sound one makes when flopping down on a couch bored or otherwise fatigued.
Note: As strange as it may be, this is officially defined. Through comic depiction and general interjection, this word has recently made it through the woodworks and into common American English.
- a. (adv.) Regardless. The blending of irrespective and regardless. Although this is not correct usage of the word, it has been in widespread use as far back as 1927 when this American speech was taken note of by usage commentators.
- a. (v.) Another word that didn't manage to receive a definition. Please re-submit this word with a definition if that was your intention.
- a. (unkwn.) How about a definition for this word?
24. LOL OMG (ĕl-ō-ĕl ō-ĕm-gē)
- a. (abbrev.) Doug wants to meet you.
- a. (adj.) Describing anything that is made up.
Note: Webster's dictionary made up this word.