Word List / M :.
1. Macawb (mə-käb')
- a. (n.) Any species of parrot with ghastly and gruesome features.
Example: The bird watching tour was uneventful until the old man who sighted a macawb suddenly died of an heart attack.
- a. (adj.) Anything supercilious, overbearing, and/or haughtily proud. Often descriptive of certain types of women who are not divas.
Example: There was a certain madamismness about her.
- a. (n.) Any sign that takes on a new meaning when a magnetic letter falls off.
- a. (n.) The fear of magnification and anything related to magnifying.
- b. (n.) mag'nə-fō'bi-ə. The fear that the object in the side mirror is much much closer than it appears.
5. mahonkin (mə'hôngk-ĭn)
- a. (adj.) Humongous; extremely huge; so big that there is none larger.
Example: You have one mahonkin sub in your car!
- a. (n.) The fear among some bingo players that they have incorrectly marked a square, and calling "bingo" could cause them not victory, but public humiliation.
- a. (adj.) Full of bad, single people.
Example: This is a very malmonodemsome cruise ship.
- a. (n.) A bulimic rooster that likes bananas.
- a. (n.pl.) Open-toe sandals worn by men.
- a. (n.) A person infatuated with manga. Can also be used as an insult in the case of hentai manga.
Example: My roommate is such a mangaphile!
11. manimal (măn'ə-məl)
- a. (n.) Any person who resembles any such animal, preferably a monkey or gorilla. Officially, a manimal must display the facial features and animal habits of the related creature.
12. manorexic (măn'ə-rĕk'sĭk)
- a. (adj.) Characterizing a male who eats an extremely large amount of food and yet gains no weight.
Example: Renan ate that whole pie and he is still manorexic.
- a. (n.) A term of admiration towards members of the male gender, especially in reference to a group of males.
Example: "I love to watch the volleyball players at the beach on weekends, and just sit and admire the manscape."
"He just got his eyebrows waxed for the first time and is now considering waxing his chest. Manicures are one thing, but I am afraid his manscaping is getting a little out of control."
- b. (n.) The result of one man's excessive grooming.
- a. (n.) A bra for a guy.
15. mapology (măp-ŏl'ə-jē)
- a. (n.) The study of maps. A degree relating to any profession that involves maps.
- a. (n.) A martini with enjoyed with chocolate chip cookies.
- a. (n.) A person who is so bored they type random words in the url bar of a browser to find new sites.
- a. (n.) The blinding pain one suffers from drinking margarita slush too quickly.
- b. (n.) The intense headache that follows a person's attempt at chugging a litre of pure melted margarine, all in one sitting; often the cause of obesity or extreme jealousy depending on the person's ability to hide such large amounts of fat.
- a. (n.) The nut who goes 90 mph all the time, cuts others off any chance he gets, and travels a foot behind another's bumper even when he has the opportunity to pass.
- b. (n.) Any motorist from Massachusetts.
- a. (n.) A gigantic butt orifice. Possibly large enough to smuggle large amounts of drugs or refugees into foreign countries.
- a. (n.) Someone who plays tricks with numbers.
- a. (n.) The act of removing the "do not remove" tag on a mattress, thus somehow rendering the mattress invalid.
- a. (v.) To apply mayonaise to an item to be used in the making of a sandwich or other such food.
24. McFinch (mĭk-fĭnch)
- a. (n.) A small bird whose natural habitat is in the parking lot of a fast food restaraunt, and does not seem to exist in any other part of the world.
25. McMonia (mək-mōn'yə)
- a. (n.) (chemical symbol: Mc) Noxious gas created by fast-food employee mopping under your table while you're eating.
- a. (v.) Pocketing cash orders at the drive-up window.