Word List / P :.
1. padawan (pă'də-wän)
- a. (n.) An apprentice who undergoes intensive training under a learned Jedi Knight. In many cases, the apprentice is referred to as a young padawan.
- a. (v.) To screw around or cause trouble.
Example: Hey, Patrick, if you paddywaggle on your way home, you'll get run over!
- a. (n.) Two people who have gotten themselves stuck in a predicament together and cannot find anyway out.
Example: A pair-a-palegics was jammed in the stairwell after the two tried to force themselves down it in box too large to fit.
- a. (n.) The coupling of two objects, ideas or elements in a particular course of study.
Example: "The pairification of solids and voids in the stone wall creates wonderful moments of light." - arch.
- b. (n.) The coupling or adjoining of multiple (most often two) closely related ideas, elements or objects in a particular course of study.
- c. (n.) The putting together of two similar objects.
5. pajangle (pə'jăng-gəl)
- a. (n.) Condition of waking up with one's pajamas turned 180 degrees.
6. palegic (pə'lē'jĭk)
- a. (n.) Someone who is paraplegic.
- a. (v.) To test baked goods for freshness by prodding.
- a. (n.) Another word for planetarium. Used when one feels like expressing their words uniquely to suggest they don't understand the science of planetary bodies.
Example: I went to the panetelarium today.
- a. (n.) One who excessively shops for pants.
10. pantyho (păn'tē-hō)
- a. (n.) One of the legs in a pair of pantyhose.
Example: "Stephanie J. Block told the interviewer about her most embarrassing moment on stage: after a quick change in THE BOY FROM OZ, she went back on stage with a pantyho trailing out of the bottom of her trouser leg. It caught on Hugh Jackman's shoe and was dragged along like 'a third shriveled leg.'"
- a. (v.) To jot down a note on a scrap of paper, take a camera phone snapshot of it, and picture message (MMS) it over to a friend; often more expressive and expensive than regular SMS text.
12. parannoy (păr'ə-noi')
- a. (v.) The act of annoying someone in such a fashion that makes him or her paranoid.
- a. (n.) An irritating person that works in the post office or shipping service.
- a. (adj.) Describing a really good park and or (wildlife) sanctuary.
Example: Memorial Park is very parkalicious.
15. parkma (pärk-mə)
- a. (n.) The uncanny luck of someone to be able to find a good parking spot everywhere they go.
- a. (n.) The person who has been driving slowly for miles but speeds up the minute one tries to get ahead of him.
- b. (n.) The idiot who drives too slow in the fast lane.
17. PBD (pē-bē-dē)
- a. (acro.) Programmer Brain Damage; a label applied to bug reports revealing places where the program was obviously broken by an incompetent or short-sighted programmer.
18. PDA (pē-dē-ā)
- a. (abbrev.) Public Display of Affection.
Example: The slap was an act of PDA.
- b. (abbrev.) Parental Discretion Advised.
- c. (abbrev.) Public Display of Agression.
- a. (n.) Any uncontrollable urge to dive into the smooth surface of a freshly opened jar of peanut butter.
- b. (n.) The special emergency response team coordinated to rush to the need of someone whose hand got stuck trying to scoop out the last molecules of peanut butter from the bottom of the jar.
- a. (n.) A state of mind making one feel strong and powerful, almost mayor-like.
Example: At first I thought I accidentally bought a generic Snickers® bar called the Peanutopolis until turned it right side up.
21. PEBKAC (pĕb'kāk)
- a. (acro.) Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair; used by support people, particularly at call centers and help desks. Not used with the public. Considered very derogatory.
Example: "Did you ever figure out why that guy couldn't print?"
"Yeah, he kept canceling the operation before it could finish. PEBKAC."
- a. (n.) Achieving perfect body heat by having one leg under the sheets and one hanging off the edge of the bed.
- a. (n.) A car with a burned out headlight.
24. pedlock (pĕd'lŏk')
- a. (n.) The condition of a bicycle pedal wedging itself against one's leg.
- b. (n.) The condition when a shoelace winds up on a bicycle pedal causing oneself to fall off.
- c. (n.) The condition of a bicycle pedal wedging itself against the kickstand.
25. pedofile (pěd'ə-fīl')
- a. (n.) Someone with a creepy obsession with filing one's nails.