Word List / Y :.
1. yaaow (yăü')
- a. (interj.) Yo; hey; used to call attention to a subject or situation.
2. yabut (yĕ'ə-bŭt)
- a. (conj.) Yes, however. Argumentative form.
3. yeahno (yĕ'ə-nō)
- a. (adv.) Being affirmative while at the same time covering the opposite possibility. Particularly favored by sportspeople during game time when it appears as though their team is going to score a point.
4. yeg (yĕg)
- a. (abbrev.) Slang. Yes.
5. yicky (yĭk'ē)
- a. (adj.) Anything that is disgusting, repulsive. Sometimes considered onomatopoeic describing small popping air releases when scooping up some form of repulsive food or other goop.
Example: That food is yicky. I'm not eating it.
6. yimes (yīms)
- a. (interj.) An expression of shock or awe.
7. yippideehooha (yĭp'ĭ-dē-hü'hä)
- a. (n.) The ruckus of media provided excitement, commentary, interviews and highlights which follow the winning of any major sports championship. Similarly: (pl.) yippideehoohas, yippideeprehas (fanfare preceding the big game), yippideeposthas.
Example: We don't need to listen to anymore of this yippideehooha. We already know who won the game.
- b. (n.) The media excitement over any major news event and the continued 'coverage' that ensues.
- c. (n.) The excessive media coverage on a news event that is of extremely low importance.
Example: Today, a Springfield man lost his cat. We will be giving you 'up-to-the-minute' continued coverage of this story as more information unfolds.
8. yotate (yō'tāt)
- a. (v.) To allow a yo-yo to unwind itself.
9. youing (yü'ĭng)
- a. (contr.) Short for "you going".
Example: Youing my way?
10. youness (yü-nəs)
- a. (n.) The state of being one's self.
- b. (n.) The unique quality of being one's self. Unique qualities usually include: personality, personal tendencies, looks.
- c. (n.) The second person form of oneness.
Example: You must be in youness with yourself.
11. youthemism (yüth'ə-mĭz'əm)
- a. (n.) Any story or term invented for the purpose of explaining to a young child a concept or phenomenon that he or she is too young to properly understand.