Word List / Electronics :.
26. phosflink (fŏs'flĭngk)
- a. (v.) To flick a bulb on and off when it burns out (as if, somehow, that will bring it back to life).
27. photographiends (fō'tə-gră'fēnds)
- a. (n.pl.) Troublesome children who clearly take digital photos of someone, then edge away to the corner of the room and start ridiculing the victim.
28. scandroid (skăn'droid')
- a. (n.) One of many striped price codes that mysteriously began appearing on consumer products back in the 1990's.
- b. (n.) The drones that work long hours in the checkout lines scanning the items people buy.
29. scantwitch (skăn'twĭch)
- a. (v.) The act of repeatedly trying to scan an item in hopes that one does not have to enter the UPC code by hand.
30. superflugraph (su-pûr'flü-grăf)
- a. (n.) Meaningless pictures taken just to use up the end of the roll.
31. superfluswitch (sü-pûr'flü-swĭch)
- a. (n.) The one light switch in every house with absolutely no purpose whatsoever.
32. telebility (tĕl'ə-bĭl'ĭ-tē)
- a. (n.) Having the ability to tell if a television is on by hearing a high pitched ringing in one's ear from around the corner, or anywhere in the house.
Example: Using his telebility, telly-man's senses were tingling. Who turned on the telly? Tune in next time to find out.
33. teletalktic (tel'ə-tôk'tĭk)
- a. (adj.) Describing one who talks frequently on the phone.
34. thumbulate (thŭm'yə-lāt')
- a. (v.) To lean forward while pressing the buttons on the remote hoping that the extra inch will make the remote control work better.
- b. (v.) To push harder on a button in hopes that it will revive a remote with clearly dead batteries.
35. thumbulation (thŭm'yə-lā'shən)
- a. (v.) The state of being thumbulated.
36. tink (tĭnk)
- a. (n.) The sound that a light makes when it blows out while turning it on.
Unfortunately, we had to mark this as a junkword because it is already defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as "A sharp, quick sound," which is sufficient to describe the sound made when a light blows in such a way.
37. tivoed (tē'vōd)
- a. (v.) To skip commercials in a TV show.
Example: "Did you see that funny commercial at halftime last night?" "No, I tivoed it."
38. uhfage (ŭf'ĭj)
- a. (n.) The unit for determining a television's age, that is, the amount of time it takes for the picture to appear once the set has been turned on.
39. viewlexia (vyü-lĕk'sē-ə)
- a. (n.) Temporary dysfunction in which a novice digital camera user puts their eye very close to the LCD screen as if it were the viewfinder in a conventional camera.